Sunday, March 26, 2017

When The Last Petal Falls

Simon Says : Layer It Up. My wonderful partner took me on a date Monday night to see the new Beauty and the Beast movie. In honor of that amazing date and movie I decided that for this weeks art journal spread I was doing Beauty and the Beast. The background started with old dictionary pages (hard to see through the photos, but slightly noticeable in person). I went over them with distress oxide inks, sprayed the page and let it dry. Then I went over it with soft body blue acrylic that had been slightly watered down. I added the random french book pages, went over the whole thing with a muddy gray dirty wash. Then I used the Inky Blue Vivid ink pad and stenciled some random clocks and shapes. Finally I took some watered down white gesso and splattered the page. I layered all the photos onto a rose patterned card stock. I tucked our movie tickets into little windows. Then printed the words "Until the last petal falls" tore them out and used a red permanent marker to highlight the edges in red. I used some red musical tape under the top right picture just for the effect, then I put it all together. I am very happy with how it turned out and am looking forward to having this tangible piece of memory from this amazing movie and date for years to come.


2 comments:

  1. This is such a nice keepsake. It's so nice to have something to look back on and bring happy memories to the forefront. Pretty layers and layout. Great job! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful spread Kid-O!!! I think it came together really well!!!

    ReplyDelete