Saturday, June 10, 2017

Elephant



I had absolutely no ideas for this challenge when I started. I started going through paper stack after paper stack, ending up with a stack of about 10 papers or so. Then I started going through my stamps looking for a good quote, didn't find one but I stumbled onto the elephant you see above. Then the ideas started rolling.
I used a piece of Montana map paper, and stamped the elephant on it using sepia. I then glued that onto a standard bar style coaster. I tore off the excess paper from the coaster and then rubbed the edges on my sepia ink pad. Then I used a piece of thin cardboard and cut it to the size I wanted for my base card, covered that with one of the papers in my pile I pulled out. Then I used washi tape along the crease at the top. I took another of my bar coasters that had a cool quote on it already from a restaurant I like (Ted's Montana Grill, in case anyone was wondering), cut off the top and bottom. Then I glued everything together. I am thrilled with how well this came out. Hope you all enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. What an absolutely beautiful project! I love the composition and your diligent search for just the right paper with just the right image paid off! The elephant is such a powerful yet gentle creature and it looks amazing on the map paper. And that quote! I have never heard that quote before and I adore it. You really created a stunner here and I'm so glad you take the time to share your talents with us for our Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete