Friday, September 22, 2017

Braver, Stronger, Smarter, Loved



This weeks Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is Shimmer and Shine. I decided to incorporate that theme into a present for my mother-in-law whose birthday is tomorrow. I started with a 5x7 chalkboard in frame. Used Dylusions yellow paint to cover the inner surface, let it dry, applied weathered wood, let it dry, then added pink Dylusions paint over that, and as it dried it brought on the beautiful crackle. I then ran a line of glue around the entire inside corner and covered it with a purple glitter (which I am still finding on random surfaces lol). Then I stamped the quote and cut it out, glued it onto purple card stock and cut it out, again. I used foam mounting tape to add it to the painted background. Then I painted the piece of filigree in the corner and the flowers and butterflies. I added little gemstones to the butterflies, and to the center of the smaller flower. Then I layered it all up and stuck it down. Then, to make the frame pop just a little I added some dots of stickles glitter paint.

2 comments:

  1. Nice vibrant colors, especially the purple one and the crackled background. Love the sentiment too. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! That crackle is fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete